Body Piercing Problems - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
Questions to prepare for appointment
You can help your health professional diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- Who did the body piercing?
- When was the piercing done?
- Where on the body was the body piercing done?
- What are your main symptoms? When did your symptoms start?
- Were sterile instruments and jewelry used?
- What type of jewelry was inserted? What was the jewelry made of?
- Do you have other body piercings? If so, did these piercings cause problems?
- What home treatment measures have you used to clean or treat the piercing site? Be sure to include any nonprescription ointments or creams you have applied to the wound.
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take?
- When was your last tetanus shot?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
September 09, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.