Try the following home treatment if your hands get cold easily and become pale, cool, and painful:
- Wear gloves to protect your hands from the cold.
- Wave your arms in a circular motion to force blood out into your hands.
- Blow warm air onto cold hands.
- Tuck your hands inside clothing next to warm skin, such as your chest, belly, or armpit.
- Warm your hands by running warm (not hot) water over them or rubbing them together. This will help improve blood flow to your hands. Be careful not to burn your hands.
- Prevent your hands from getting cold in the first place.