Nail Problems and Injuries - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- When did your nail problem begin?
- Was there an injury?
- Have you had a nail problem like this in the past? If so, how was it treated?
- Did you try any home treatment? If so, what? Did it help?
- Has anything improved your nail problem or made it worse?
- Are you taking any medicines?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.