To prevent stings from bees, wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets:
- Avoid flowering plants, gardens, and trees with ripe fruit, where bees spend their time.
- Do not use perfumes, scented soaps, or suntan lotion.
- Do not wear bright colors, flowered prints, or rough-textured fabrics (such as wool), all of which attract bees.
- Do not swat a bee or throw an object at a bee or wasp hive. Bees are more likely to attack if they feel threatened.
- If caught in or near a swarm of bees or wasps, move away with slow, deliberate movements.