Scalp Problems - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
- Have you had this problem in the past? If so, how was it treated? Did the treatment help?
- If you are concerned about hair loss or thinning, when did you last have what you consider a normal head of hair?
- Do you have a family history of hair loss?
- What are your hair care habits, such as using hair dyes?
- Question for women: Are you using a hormonal birth control method?
- What nonprescription and prescription medicines, including vitamins, have you taken in the last 6 months?
- Have you had any recent illness or surgery?
- Do you have any skin disorders or chronic illnesses?
- Do you think you may have been exposed to head lice or ringworm?
- Does anyone in your family have similar symptoms?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.