Home Remedies for REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
Because persons with REM sleep behavior disorder have a risk of injuring themselves and their sleep partners, safety of the sleeping environment is very important.
- Remove potentially dangerous objects from the bedroom.
- Clear the floor of furniture and objects that could injure the person if he or she fell from bed.
- Place the mattress on the floor, or place a cushion around the bed.
- Have the person sleep in a bedroom on the ground floor if possible, especially for people who leave the bed during an episode.
- The bedmate should sleep in another bed until the symptoms resolve.
- A bed with padded bed rails can be considered.