10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Stroke Since you've recently had a stroke, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. How soon can I expect to recover after my
Recommended Related to Stroke
Migraine and Stroke
Strokes and migraines share many of the same symptoms and are sometimes mistaken for each other. But does a migraine cause a stroke or vice versa? Research doesn't show that.
Studies do show that if you get a lot of migraines, you may have a higher chance of having a stroke later in life. But the risk is small.
Read the Migraine and Stroke article > >
2. How will having a
stroke change what I can and can't do?
3. Will I need to change my diet? What foods should I be avoiding or eating more of?
4. Are there any other lifestyle changes I should make?
5. Would physical or occupational therapy be helpful? Can you make a referral?
6. Are there any
medications I should take to help me during my recovery?
7. Should I be taking
aspirin or a prescription medication to help prevent another stroke?
8. Do I have any other conditions that make having another stroke more likely? What can I do to reduce my risk?
9. Am I a good candidate for any
10. Is there a support group, counselor, or
mental health professional you recommend?