Since you've recently had a stroke, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. How soon can I expect to recover after my stroke?
2. How will having a stroke change what I can and can't do?
3. Will I need to change my diet? What foods should I be avoiding or eating more of?
4. Are there any other lifestyle changes I should make?
5. Would physical or occupational therapy be helpful? Can you make a referral?
6. Are there any medications I should take to help me during my recovery?
7. Should I be taking aspirin or a prescription medication to help prevent another stroke?
8. Do I have any other conditions that make having another stroke more likely? What can I do to reduce my risk?
9. Am I a good candidate for any clinical trials?
10. Is there a support group, counselor, or mental health professional you recommend?