Skip to content

Talk to Your Doctor

Stress incontinence may happen to everyone at some point or another. But if it starts to mess up your daily routine or happens often, talk to your doctor. He may refer you to a urogynecologist (a urologist or a gynecologist who has done a fellowship in pelvic floor reconstructive surgery and specializes in urinary incontinence). She will do a physical exam and some tests. If your incontinence doesn't respond to at-home therapy, you may need medical treatment or surgery.

WebMD Feature