EURYCOMA LONGIFOLIA Overview Information
Eurycoma longifolia is a tall, slender evergreen shrub-tree commonly found in Southeast Asia. Malaysian men claim that tea made from this plant improves their sexual abilities and virility. As a result, this plant is in such high demand that it is now considered a “protected” species.
The root and bark of Eurycoma longifolia are used for treating erectile dysfunction (ED), increasing interest in sex, male infertility, boosting athletic performance, body building, and reducing body fat. Eurycoma longifolia is also used for fever, malaria, ulcers, high blood pressure, tuberculosis, bone pain, cough, diarrhea, headache, syphilis, and cancer.
How does it work?
The root of Eurycoma longifolia contains several chemicals that have different effects in the body. Some of the chemicals seem to affect how the body produces the hormone testosterone. Research in animals and humans suggests it might increase testosterone in the body.
Possibly Effective for:
- Male Infertility. Some evidence suggests that taking a specific Eurycoma longifolia supplement (Phytes Bioteks by Biotropics Malaysia) by mouth can improve the quality and concentration of sperm in infertile men.
- Athletic performance. Early research suggests that taking Eurycoma longifolia by mouth for 7 days does not increase endurance in male athletes.
- Low testosterone. Early research shows that taking an extract of Eurycoma longifolia by mouth for one month might increase testosterone levels and improve related symptoms in men with low testosterone levels.
- Muscle strength. Early research suggests that taking Eurycoma longifolia by mouth for 5 weeks helps increase muscle mass and strength in healthy men participating in an intense strength training program.
- Problems achieving an erection (erectile dysfunction, ED).
- Increasing interest in sex.
- High blood pressure.
- Bone pain.
- Other conditions.
EURYCOMA LONGIFOLIA Side Effects & Safety
Eurycoma longifolia is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth in medicinal amounts for up to 9 months.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking Eurycoma longifolia if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
EURYCOMA LONGIFOLIA Dosing
The appropriate dose of Eurycoma longifolia depends on several factors such as the user's age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for Eurycoma longifolia. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.