POISONOUS BUTTERCUP Overview Information
Poisonous buttercup is an herb. The parts that grow above the ground are used to make medicine.
Despite serious safety concerns, poisonous buttercup is used for skin diseases such as scabies and leucoderma, a condition involving loss of color.
How does it work?
Poisonous buttercup contains a chemical that is extremely irritating to skin and mucous membranes. It causes pain and burning sensations, tongue swelling (inflammation), and an increase in saliva.
- Loss of skin color (leucoderma).
- Other conditions.
POISONOUS BUTTERCUP Side Effects & Safety
Poisonous buttercup is UNSAFE for use when applied to skin. Skin contact with fresh or bruised plants can lead to blisters and burns that are difficult to heal. Touching poisonous buttercup might also increase the risk of sunburn.
There isn't enough information to know if poisonous buttercup is safe when taken by mouth.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It’s UNSAFE for anyone to apply poisonous buttercup to their skin, but pregnant women have additional conditions. Applying poisonous buttercup to the skin or taking it by mouth might make the uterus contract, and this could cause a miscarriage.
POISONOUS BUTTERCUP Dosing
The appropriate dose of poisonous buttercup depends on several factors such as the user's age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for poisonous buttercup. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.