CHLOROPHYLLIN Overview Information
Chlorophyllin is a chemical that is made from chlorophyll. People use it as a medicine.
Older people take chlorophyllin for controlling body, fecal, and urine odors; and for treating constipation and gas (flatulence).
Don't confuse chlorophyllin with chlorophyll.
How does it work?
There isn't enough information available to know how chlorophyllin works.
Possibly Ineffective for:
- Controlling urine odor in older patients who can't hold their urine and have a catheter.
- Reducing body odors. There is some evidence that chlorophyllin might help reduce body odors in older people.
- Constipation. Some research suggests that taking chlorophyllin might relieve constipation in older people.
- Reducing fecal odors. There is some evidence that chlorophyllin might help reduce fecal odors in older people.
- Gas (flatulence). Some research suggests that taking chlorophyllin might reduce gas in older people.
- Other conditions.
The appropriate dose of chlorophyllin depends on several factors such as the user's age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for chlorophyllin. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.