MELANOTAN-II Overview Information
Melanotan-II is a lab-made chemical that is similar to a hormone found in people. Be careful not to confuse melanotan-II with melatonin.
Melanotan-II is given as a shot to produce erections in men with ED (erectile dysfunction), tan the skin, and prevent skin cancers caused by sun exposure.
How does it work?
Melanotan-II is similar to a substance in our bodies, called “melanocyte-stimulating hormone,” which increases the production of skin-darkening pigments. Melanotan-II might also work in the brain to stimulate erections of the penis.
Possibly Effective for:
- Producing erections in men with ED (erectile dysfunction), when given as a shot under the skin.
- Tanning of the skin, when given as a shot under the skin.
- Preventing skin cancers due to sun exposure, when given as a shot under the skin.
- Other conditions.
MELANOTAN-II Side Effects & Safety
Melanotan-II is POSSIBLY SAFE when used under medical supervision for treating ED (erectile dysfunction). It may cause nausea, stomachcramps, decreased appetite, flushing, tiredness, yawning, darkened skin, spontaneous erections of the penis, and other side effects.
There isn't enough information to know whether melanotan-II is safe for other uses.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of melanotan-II during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
The following doses have been studied in scientific research:
BY INJECTION UNDER THE SKIN:
- For causing an erection in men with ED: the typical dosage of melanotan-II is 0.025 mg/kg.
- For tanning skin: the typical dosage of melanotan-II is 0.025 mg/kg.