User Reviews & Ratings - N-ACETYL CYSTEINE

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of N-ACETYL CYSTEINE.

«N-ACETYL CYSTEINE Information

See products with N-ACETYL CYSTEINE

«Previous 6-10 of 10
12/3/2012 12:09:11 PM

Reviewer: ramone, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
No side effects or problems. Although confused as why I'm being prescribed this medication for "Depression". Supposed to be balancing cells in norman brain function! Anyone else????? I don't feel as though correctly being used for my condition!!!!

11/16/2012 5:40:07 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I thought it was working great until I realized I had packed on 40 pounds. I did some research and found out that NAC aka the amino acid cysteine causes weight gain and contributes to obesity (so does glutathione, a derivative of cysteine). I stopped the NAC, but now I have a lot of working out and dieting to do. I have always been underweight and now thanks to NAC I am slightly overweight (not no ... Show Full Comment

9/15/2012 8:11:28 AM

Reviewer: NAC 600 for A-Market Manchester,NH, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I use NAC to prevent damage or help repair any possible damage to my liver from the use of alcohol.

3/8/2012 7:47:19 AM

Reviewer: Phil, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
Using to try to combat sciatica

11/24/2010 8:01:38 PM

Reviewer: ajj5674, 45-54 on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
My psychiatrist went to a conference at the National Institue for Mental Health where tests had showed that NAC 600 is effective in treating bipolar disroder. I have been on it for 1.5 years and my mood seems pretty stable. In addition I take Lamictal. I had been on lithium for 18 years and my lab tests showed that I had a 50% loss of my kidneys so i needed to discontue a drug that had worked fo ... Show Full Comment

«Previous 6-10 of 10

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Couple in bed