Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - COD LIVER OIL

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of COD LIVER OIL.

«COD LIVER OIL Information

See products with COD LIVER OIL

6/6/2013 4:52:13 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been taking cod liver oil for six weeks now (high strength). I honestly don't know if my eyesight has improved because of this, but for the first time in twenty years of wearing glasses I can now focus on normal distance things or when I am out walking. I even think I could safely drive without my glasses. I have begun to test myself reading number plates without my glasses with quite ... Show Full Comment

1/21/2013 3:08:01 PM

Reviewer: jimsellers, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Consumer)

Comment:
As a child growing up in the 1950's and '60's, my father gave me and my siblings a tablespoon of Squibb Cod Liver Oil every day before dinner. It certainly wasn't one of my favorite things to do but I truly feel it was an essential component in that none of the four of us has ever been seriously ill. I haven't taken it since my teens. I now have Type II diabetes. Seems it might ... Show Full Comment

10/13/2012 2:58:30 PM

Reviewer: wazdiz, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10 years or more

Comment:
Liquid Norwegian Cod Liver Oil (any brand)has apparently worked for me. Only recently did my primary doctor tell me that it does not contain enough vitamin D for my age.I have since added liquid Vit. D3 as an additional supplement. I am well with no conditions.

9/24/2012 3:47:40 AM

Reviewer: gill, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking cod liver oil for general immunity . From my teens I used to start sneezing due to change of temperature and dust, very often resulting in running nose, headaches and fever even in sinus .It is now 9 years that I have been free from this .The result started after I had been taking them about 6-8 months .I continued taking them for about 5 years Two other friends have narrated the ... Show Full Comment

8/10/2012 1:25:28 PM

Reviewer: Kata4242@msn.com, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Experienced serious dizziness.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?