Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - ASTAXANTHIN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ASTAXANTHIN.

«ASTAXANTHIN Information

See products with ASTAXANTHIN

1/17/2016 8:33:32 PM

Reviewer: Mongo, 55-64 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I began taking this supplement 60 days prior to a trip to Central America, to prevent radiation damage from body scanners. I was at the beach for hours with NO sunscreen, and didn't even tan, much less burn. Really amazed at the effect. Will repeat for trip to the Caribbean next month.

10/6/2015 12:01:14 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
In my opinion, this is amazing stuff!! I have been taking 4 mg twice a day for nearly 3 years. I am 62 years old... I have better skin, more stamina, energy, better eyes than I had 10 years ago. This has proven to protect my skin from sunburn. After taking this for 4 months, I Still cannot believe my stamina while exercising...BUT FOR ME, THE MOST AMAZING AFFECT IS MUSCLE RECOVERY. I NEVER, EVER ... Show Full Comment

8/15/2015 8:15:49 AM

Reviewer: Lynn, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
Lately, I have noticed a considerable drop in my high blood pressure. I am currently taking Ramipril which was prescribed by my doctor and am going to go back to her and suggest that I no longer need to take it.

7/11/2015 1:15:22 AM

Reviewer: Tooth Fairy, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
This review is by no means conclusive. I am 59 yrs old, female, and wanted gen'l health improvement by taking this supplement. I took 6 mg of astaxanthin a day. I not only experienced irregular heartbeat almost immediately, but a tooth I'd had root canal on started to THROB within 3 days. I ended up having an emergency dental exam which showed nothing. I stopped taking the supplement after ... Show Full Comment

7/4/2015 3:37:32 PM

Reviewer: All Natural, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Have been using 12mg Astaxanthin per day every morning for about 3 months now. For the past 2 weeks, I have been experiencing all of a sudden Irregular Heartbeat in the afternoon. I have never had IHB before. Like they always say "take everything in moderation", so I will stop the 12mg for a week or so and see If the IHB is gone and then try 6mg or 4 mg and see what will happen then.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?