User Reviews & Ratings - ASTAXANTHIN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ASTAXANTHIN.

«ASTAXANTHIN Information

See products with ASTAXANTHIN

5/18/2012 7:54:20 PM

Reviewer: suzy, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
It was recommended for macular degeneration. Brand was Source Naturals 2mg. During a 30 day period of use, I began to develop severe nerve pain in my feet that interfered with sleep. I tried alternate days of smaller doses, but pain increased. Pain stopped completely when I discontinued use.

4/20/2012 7:12:34 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male (Consumer)

Comment:
does this cause flushing and insomni?

3/14/2012 5:23:25 PM

Reviewer: few24u, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking Astaxanthin daily after moving to Hawaii. I now have not used a sunscreen for over 9 years. It has prevented me from getting sun burned and peeling, like used to happen to me when I lived in Texas (w/o astaxanthin). One day last year I spent the entire day in the sun. I got home and it looked as if I was pretty sunburned. I anticpated to be in pain and to begin peeling within a fe ... Show Full Comment

3/12/2012 11:18:25 AM

Reviewer: Jambo, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I didn't sunburn for the first time in my life and if a little red, warm but not painful. But I am wondering if it causes problems with the bladder? Reddish tinted urine? Other than that, I am so completely sold on it. I like BioAstin better than the plain Astaxanthin.

2/21/2012 6:26:36 PM

Reviewer: Patrick, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
Began taking this for overall health and improvement in skin (work out in the Caribbean sun all day). Has had the added benefit of improving my vision dramatically. Improvement stopped and reverted very slightly when I had stopped taking product. Started again staking product again, vision began to improve again. Distance prescription has gotten too strong again. Much stronger and I will need to ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber