User Reviews & Ratings - LYSINE

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of LYSINE.

«LYSINE Information

See products with LYSINE

5/2/2012 4:24:49 AM

Reviewer: Anon., 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
great, works a treat!

4/23/2012 11:59:21 PM

Reviewer: jsc1771, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I bought this because someone recommended it for cold sores..I'm not sure it helped it go any faster,but I notice when I take 1000mg in am and 1000 mg at night,I'm not as hungry! This is a good thing for me! I will continue on it as well! Anyone else have sort of loss of appetite? Let me know..jsc1771@AOL.com..please! Thanks!

4/7/2012 2:03:20 PM

Reviewer: obuca123, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I read about lysine after I tried toothpaste and that made it worst and made the cold sore spread else where overnight. I woke up with a swollen lip so I bo uh ht some lysine. I took 2 500Mg pills every 2 hours during the day and thos morning it is nearly gone. I plan to take one 500Mg a day after its gone. Pills are a little too big and hard to swallow

3/31/2012 10:55:21 AM

Reviewer: Susanna, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Consumer)

Comment:
My mother had a "cold sore" while visiting relatives many years ago. They gaver Lysine. I have since used this whenever I feel one coming on (if I can catch it) and when there is an outbreak. If I can "catch" it, there is no outbreak and it clears in less than 24 hours. If I can't catch it, then it will clear in a couple of days--way faster than not using Lysine. I hav ... Show Full Comment

3/23/2012 12:04:20 AM

Reviewer: auntpauline, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Stops my cold sores dead in their tracks, and I also used it preventively during the summer months when the sun aggravates my condition. However, I also suffered from severe gastrointestinal conditions and ended up losing 30 pounds quite rapidly. My doctor told me it was not related but when I quit using Lysine during the winter my symptoms went away. Has anyone else had these issues?

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber