User Reviews & Ratings - LYSINE

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of LYSINE.

«LYSINE Information

See products with LYSINE

2/11/2011 8:15:58 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I get cold sores on the mouth as well as on the nose. I used to get one every time I was in severe sun or I would get them inside or on my nose in the winter months. What a life saver L-lysine has been. Cold sores used to make me feel embarrased and not my outgoing self. I take 1000mg daily. I rarely get them anymore and when I do, the healing time is much less than when i first had outbreaks. ... Show Full Comment

2/9/2011 12:53:49 AM

Reviewer: Jay, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more

Comment:
I get cold sores during or after an illness or times of high stress. Lysine is the most effective treatment with no side effects except dry mouth. Does anyone know of a Lysine pill that isn't huge and chalky? Maybe a capsule?

1/13/2011 11:31:39 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:

Reason for taking: Cold sores
12/21/2010 2:15:35 AM

Reviewer: oldokie, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Consumer)

Comment:
I used to get cold sores on my lips several times a year. About 10 years ago my daughter-in-law, a dietitian, suggested lysine. I take a tablet daily along with other meds and haven't had an outbreak since.

12/18/2010 12:16:17 PM

Reviewer: shaylynn, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber