User Reviews & Ratings - LYSINE

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of LYSINE.

«LYSINE Information

See products with LYSINE

9/29/2010 8:37:09 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I usually get cold sores after I've been sick or if I've been under high stress for a long period of time. All I 2 lycine pills twice a day when I first start to feel sick or when I know I have a busy few weeks in fornt of me. It doesn't always completely prevent the cold sore but it does make a significant difference in the size and healing time

9/28/2010 5:18:49 PM

Reviewer: paul, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I used to get 3-4 cold sores a year, but now the only time I get one is when I stop taking lysine. If I keep up with taking one (500) a day like a vitamin I simply don't get a cold sore. If I feel one coming on, I up the dosage to twice a day and that keeps the cold sore from breaking the skin. Very happy that I found out about this supplement.

9/8/2010 1:53:55 PM

Reviewer: roc , 45-54 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Consumer)

Comment:
I have used L-Lysine for the last 10 years. It speeds up the healing of cold sores (herpes) or even prevents a cold sore if taken early enough.

8/11/2010 12:01:03 AM

Reviewer: person, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
When applied before the sore fully forms, it can prevent. I have also found that it reduces the time to heal the sore.

8/10/2010 3:37:12 PM

Reviewer: doloresdkinney@yahoo.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
one 500 tablet at first sign of sensitivity on lip. dentist recomended this years ago. take 2 a day--am-pm--until soreness and breakout is cleared. never had a side effect.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber