Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - LYSINE

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of LYSINE.

«LYSINE Information

See products with LYSINE

10/17/2012 2:10:36 PM

Reviewer: MusicMom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I only take about 1000 mg of L-Lysine once a month and it prevents cold sores from forming. It does upset my stomach so I take it after I eat and with milk.

9/8/2012 9:44:38 PM

Reviewer: Salli, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I quit smoking 8 months ago and started getting painful sores on the inside of my mouth. My friend ( a nurse practioner) recommended Lysine and I honestly have had no sores sense. I take 500mg/ day. The first few weeks it gave me diarrhea, but that went away with time.

9/6/2012 5:38:43 PM

Reviewer: kk, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Cuts cold sore healing time in half. Took 3 a day, one in morning, afternoon and night. My friend gave me a bottle when my bottom lip was full of blisters or cold sores after a day at the water park. It was awful and it would have lasted 10 days. The next day after taking one pill at night the swelling was cut in half. The entire lip dried up after two days and the pain stopped 30 minutes after ta ... Show Full Comment

8/8/2012 4:30:10 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years

Comment:
I used to have an outbreak 3-4 times a year (usually a cluster of 3-4 blisters) I started taking 1000 mg of l-lysine every morning and haven't had one in over a year. This stuff is awesome! I did have a couple really small blisters on the interior of my lip but they were gone in a day and no one can see them so who cares :)

7/12/2012 11:05:36 AM

Reviewer: pa46, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I don't know why doctors/dentists don't recommend L-lysine. I take 250 mg everyday (1/2 pill) and it keeps cold sores away. I used to get them almost every month. I also now use Sally Hansen's "Lip Inflation" and it keeps my lips from drying out and cracking (which probably caused the cold sores to appear over and over).

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?