User Reviews & Ratings - LYSINE

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of LYSINE.

«LYSINE Information

See products with LYSINE

11/1/2012 1:30:35 PM

Reviewer: Jkr, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
    I have been getting cold sores for years and they usually blister into really large noticeable sores that last for weeks. I got one a few days ago and went to the closest store to buy a topical treatment but they were sold out but I remembered somebody told me about Lysine supplements. Desperate, I bought it. It didn't make my cold sore go away but it kept It so small that others didn't ev ... Show Full Comment

10/17/2012 2:10:36 PM

Reviewer: MusicMom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
    I only take about 1000 mg of L-Lysine once a month and it prevents cold sores from forming. It does upset my stomach so I take it after I eat and with milk.

9/8/2012 9:44:38 PM

Reviewer: Salli, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
    I quit smoking 8 months ago and started getting painful sores on the inside of my mouth. My friend ( a nurse practioner) recommended Lysine and I honestly have had no sores sense. I take 500mg/ day. The first few weeks it gave me diarrhea, but that went away with time.

9/6/2012 5:38:43 PM

Reviewer: kk, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
    Cuts cold sore healing time in half. Took 3 a day, one in morning, afternoon and night. My friend gave me a bottle when my bottom lip was full of blisters or cold sores after a day at the water park. It was awful and it would have lasted 10 days. The next day after taking one pill at night the swelling was cut in half. The entire lip dried up after two days and the pain stopped 30 minutes after ta ... Show Full Comment

8/8/2012 4:30:10 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years

Comment:
    I used to have an outbreak 3-4 times a year (usually a cluster of 3-4 blisters) I started taking 1000 mg of l-lysine every morning and haven't had one in over a year. This stuff is awesome! I did have a couple really small blisters on the interior of my lip but they were gone in a day and no one can see them so who cares :)

vitamin rich groceries
    Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
    St Johns wart
    Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?