Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - BETAINE HYDROCHLORIDE

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of BETAINE HYDROCHLORIDE.

«BETAINE HYDROCHLORIDE Information

See products with BETAINE HYDROCHLORIDE

1/31/2016 3:22:13 PM

Comment:
The statement"the supplement only delivers hydrochloric acid and does not, itself, alter stomach acid" may be the most assenine statement I have ever read. If it delivers acid, it has altered stomach acid, you idiots.

10/31/2015 12:29:15 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male (Consumer)

Comment:
It did wonders for me! I started digesting food a lot faster, before taking betaine HCl my digestions took forever! Started feeling better in less than 4 days.

6/27/2015 6:53:05 PM

Reviewer: paul, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
People produce less stomach acid as they age. I had no health issues until I started experiencing symptoms of malnutrition such as fatigue and faintness. After starting HCl with Betaine I felt better immediately, could eat enough calories, and gained my weight back. I am finally able to absorb nutrients from the food I eat. Helped with my chronic depression also.

5/22/2015 11:43:01 AM

Reviewer: KnowBetterNow, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
The first time I took this product was after gall bladder surgery. It had taken doctors one year to find out that it needed to be removed, and I had severe inflammation of my digestive track and my whole body. When I was inflamed, I couldn't take the Betaine. Once the inflammation was reduced by removing all carbohydrates from my diet, I could take Betaine again with wonderful results. I st ... Show Full Comment

9/17/2014 1:07:20 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I need to start by saying that my experience with this is very limited. That said my IBS-C was flaring up quite dramatically 2 days ago, and it is now nearly gone after taking 648 mg on day 1, none day 2, and 324 mg this morning. As you can see, this is very limited, but my flare-ups usually last not days or even weeks but rather months at a time. I'm planning to continue cautiously, but conti ... Show Full Comment

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?