Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - BIOTIN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of BIOTIN.

«BIOTIN Information

See products with BIOTIN

2/4/2016 6:37:15 PM

Reviewer: Emily, on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
I regrew my hair and you can too. -I've been using hair extensions since forever. My hair wouldn't grow any longer it would just snap off. I've dreamed about having NATURAL thick, long hair. And when I say dreamed, I mean it quite literally. So i decided to do something about it. My friend suggested Biotin when we were talking about my hair loss. I’ve tried like 4 different brands un ... Show Full Comment

1/21/2016 10:36:44 AM

Reviewer: Moonflowerr, 45-54 on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I had gastric bypass surgery about 4-6 weeks afterward my hair started coming out by the handful. I had bald patches. The root of my condition was caused by malnourishment. I had friends who told me at the time to take biotin and that it would help. It wasn't until telling my surgeon about my hair falling out that he shook his head and said that it was common but that I should take 10,000 mcg ... Show Full Comment

1/18/2016 2:03:34 PM

Reviewer: Summerlion1956, 55-64 on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been taking Biotin for at least a year. My hair and nails have grown stronger. My hair was very fine and thin. Now my hair is very thick. I keep my nails trimmed. I am very please with the results I have gotten. I am taking 5000mg Rexall brand I purchased from the Dollar Store. I use to order from Amazon. They were cheaper at the Dollar Store.

12/23/2015 9:24:27 AM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I just started taking it. My scalp is itchy.

12/10/2015 2:44:32 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 (Consumer)

Comment:
I took the 10,000 biotin and it really works but you have to drink lots of water so you won't break out while using it

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?