User Reviews & Ratings - BIOTIN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of BIOTIN.

«BIOTIN Information

See products with BIOTIN

8/21/2013 7:26:41 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Have been taking 2000 mcg per day for 4 months. Nails are still brittle, hair is still falling out and now I'm getting huge zits on my face. I want to stick it out for a few more months since it takes approx. 9 months for nails to grow out.

8/6/2013 2:12:41 PM

Reviewer: ninaraj, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Been taking for about 3-4 months and I love it! I am 75 and my nails have been peeling and cracking for the past few years. Now I have to get a manicure so they don't get TOO long. I take 1000mcg a day. May reduce the amount soon.

7/31/2013 6:27:53 AM

Reviewer: alexismh, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
As I've gotten older my hair has naturally thinned a bit. A stylist told me to take biotin. I'm not sure if it's helped that but I was having a horrible time with peeling, fragile nails. That was a new development for me. After I'd been taking the biotin for a couple of months, I noticed that my nails were much stronger and stopped peeling.

7/11/2013 10:43:47 AM

Reviewer: DLH, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking Biotin when my nails would no longer grow and would crack and peel all the way to the quick. After a couple of months they were growing and I could get a manicure. An added benefit, is every time I get a haircut, I am told my hair is so healthy to keep doing what I'm doing! I have been taking Biotin for about 7 years.

7/5/2013 11:41:40 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I began taking Biotin 5000 after my nails developed ridges and became brittle. After 3 months my nails were long, strong and the ridges are gone. I do plan to decrease my daily dose after reading articles that suggest it may decrease effectiveness of statin medication.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber