User Reviews & Ratings - L-TRYPTOPHAN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of L-TRYPTOPHAN.

«L-TRYPTOPHAN Information

See products with L-TRYPTOPHAN

9/10/2014 7:50:24 PM

Reviewer: Tiiburbo, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
More effective than other SSRI and MAO inhibitors I've been on over the years that left me suicidal and eventually hospitalized. (Prescribed drugs can be dangerous when doctors don't properly assess or diagnose you!) tryptophan is a natural precursor to serotonin and has fewer side effects, works faster, and in studies is seen to be more effective than the most commonly used anti-depressan ... Show Full Comment

7/20/2014 9:40:09 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been using L-Tryptophan against bipolar depression for 30 years. It is very effective. My symptoms return if I stop taking it. When I first started taking it (for sleep) my bipolar symptoms vanished immediately. I take 40 mg/Kg on an empty stomach with carbs (banana or glass of OJ) every morning.

8/17/2013 7:50:15 PM

Reviewer: Chester , 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
Over the last 30 years I have taken several anti-depressant types of drugs (first MAOs,then trycyclics,and finally SSRIs),but none have helped me with my depression ,anxiety,and OCD as much as l-tryptophan. And with no side effects !

6/3/2012 12:20:16 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I stopped taking Prozac. After tapering my dose for several weeks, I found that I needed something to help me through the withdrawal depression and muscle pain. I started taking Isonix L-tryptophan and was able to stop the Prozac completely. I had insomnia but now I am able to go to sleep and it is the best quality sleep that I have ever had. I wake up feeling refreshed. I feel calm. Being car ... Show Full Comment

5/6/2012 9:33:58 PM

Reviewer: chilled, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Was able to STOP PAXIL while taking several grams of this (JUST ENOUGH TO STOP THE HEADACHES) over several months while tapering after about 8 weeks down to just a gram a day.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber