User Reviews & Ratings - DHEA

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of DHEA.

«DHEA Information

3/31/2014 3:25:50 AM

Reviewer: Melanie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I take this for Crohn's Disease. It wasn't in the list, but if you look in PubMed, the experimental ED is 200mg. Since supplements can have inaccurate amounts though, I only take 100 and it helps a lot. I had to take it in the morning not at night or it would wake me at 2 am with an energy surge. Here is a safety study from way back in 1998. It seems to have been under study for a lon ... Show Full Comment

3/12/2014 12:25:13 PM

Reviewer: bchavou1, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Although I take type 2 diabetes medicine. I take 1 after breakfast. My sugar is usually from 104 to 127 when I wake up after breakfast I take DHEA and my reading is between 89 and 97 and I stay regulated all day.

2/19/2014 3:21:50 PM

Reviewer: Barb, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
During annual menopausal blood screening, my DHEA was very low. Didn't even know they check for this hormone. Was told by my P.A. that I needed to take 25mg daily. When I ask why, the answer was "Without it, you should have no energy. It's the mother of all hormones."

3/14/2011 9:04:02 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I am 42 year old female taking 75 mg per day: 50 in the morning and 25 in the afetrnoon. I am taking it for fertility issues under doctor supervision, but the supplement is an over the counter brand sold at CVS. I don't know about the fertility issues yet as I have only been on it for 1 1/2 months, but I have energy again. I can get up in the morning feeling good, my libido has returned, and ... Show Full Comment

3/5/2011 10:15:41 PM

Reviewer: zilwiki, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
While on 25 mg/day of DHEA I developed pimples at age 56, and began experiencing hair growth in odd places including forehead. This new hair began driving out my normal hair on scalp. No positive results I could detect. Unfortunately I cannot sue.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber