Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - GABA GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of GABA GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID.

«GABA GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID Information

See products with GABA GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID

12/24/2013 10:48:24 AM

Reviewer: ?, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
I have been using this product for about five months , to aid restful sleep. However , acting on advice from a pharmacist , I take only one 200mg tablet each evening , for 5 days continuously , and then abstain for 2 days before starting again , to avoid psychological dependence. In my experience , failure to strictly follow these guide-lines can result in depression and erratic behaviour.

12/4/2013 11:39:29 PM

Reviewer: Liz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking Gaba for anxiety attacks and have been taking it both in the morning and evening for two months now. Amazingly it has worked great for the anxiety attacks but in the last few weeks I have felt unbelievably tired and exhausted all day. I think the problem is that I was taking 2 capsules in the morning and 1-2 at night. I couldn't understand why I felt so tired and exhausted all ... Show Full Comment

9/19/2013 12:08:11 AM

Reviewer: New life, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been taking GABA at 1000 mg I have chronic pain, anxiety, depression and sleep issues due to a condition called fibromyalgia. I see no huge differences with my sleep. But before I woke up everyday in pain and now I don't. Depression is well managed and I am not having any anxiety. I don't have an over medicated calm just a clear mind more myself calm. I also lost 30lbs. I workout 3x ... Show Full Comment

7/3/2013 4:27:01 PM

Reviewer: Casey, 55-64 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
Wondering if over sensitive pain receptors in my hands would be due to using GABA? Anyone had any experience of pain in your hands? Otherwise great for treating anxiety.

4/29/2013 4:05:37 PM

Reviewer: J.B., 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I have suffered from chronic pain that would interfere with my ability to sleep. My pain specialist recommended GABA with melatonin and I have had great results. I sleep deeply, stay asleep yet wake up after 7 hrs. refreshed. This helped tremendously with my pain and also helped me with my short term memory. Insomnia and not sleeping and dreaming caused me to have short term memory problems. ... Show Full Comment

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?