User Reviews & Ratings - MACA

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of MACA.

«MACA Information

5/22/2015 7:34:25 AM

Reviewer: Karen, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking maca to lower the intensity of my hot flushes and although it doesn't stop them it definitely calms them down to a more tolerable level. I take six 500mg tablets per day. I haven't noticed any increase in energy levels or that it helps with depression, or any of the other things people have found it useful for but I know that if I forget to take it my hot flushes are unbea ... Show Full Comment

5/10/2015 2:38:44 PM

Reviewer: kat, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I was a menopausal mess. My Kaiser doc finally suggested a host of homeopathic remedies. At my health food store they sorted it out and Maca along with a progesterone creme, Korean ginseng (for energy) and I am 100% again it's truly a miracle I suffered so long trying so many birth control strengths.Who knew?

5/9/2015 4:39:03 PM

Reviewer: Silverfish, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
The most noticable effect was a change in mood: from tired, intolerant and sad - to happy, positive and optimistic. I take only one capsule of Maca-X at lunchtime with food. Not later in the day, as it may interfere with sleep patterns. I have fibromyalgia so really need my rest!Get my Maca-X from Health House, New Zealand.

4/15/2015 6:54:20 PM

Reviewer: MenoRelief, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years

Comment:
I've been taking Maca for a couple of years to relieve some of my peri-menopause symptoms (anxiety, depression, general craziness) and have found it has worked very well for me. I can feel the difference if I forget to take it.

4/7/2015 12:32:53 PM

Reviewer: mary, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I took this to balance my post-menopause hormones (and help lose the weight I had gained).This had the opposite affect. I gained 5 lbs the first week I took it. I had a ravenous appetite for all the wrong things. Seriously, there should be a strong warning about this side affect.

St Johns wart