User Reviews & Ratings - STEVIA

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of STEVIA.

«STEVIA Information

See products with STEVIA

9/20/2011 5:32:20 PM

Reviewer: Gabby G, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Goodness, this is just awful stuff. First, it is incredibly bitter, not to mention gave me an instant headache-which is very unusual for me. WARNING. The package does NOT SAY that people on high blood pressure and other medications should NOT use this product-a little to late for me. I would not ever recomment Stevia to anyone. It simply needs more REAL research.

9/16/2011 12:51:39 AM

Reviewer: Melissa, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
I have been using Stevia as a replacement sweetner in my drinks for quite some time. I have not had any allergic reactions to it, nor does it exacerbate any current health conditions I have unless it is mixed with maltodextrine. However, it IS a plant product and as such, people should be aware that like ANY plant, some may be allergic.

9/1/2011 5:10:49 PM

Reviewer: jenelope, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
Stevia is waaaay better for you than aspartime, saccarine, equal, etc. Why anyone would use cancer causing chemicals to sweeten their drinks is beyond me unless of course you are allergic...

8/9/2011 5:47:07 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I have used Stevia (pure powdered) for more than 5 years. I found the licorice flavor off-putting at first but have gotten used to it. I love using it in nearly everything - and am constantly experiementing with recipes - I never add sugar to anything except some baked goods.

8/1/2011 11:17:46 PM

Reviewer: blabla19, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
I think people who say they have side effects must be hypocondriacs or paranoid. My husband won't use it either, so I can only cook and use it in my products. I've been putting it in my tea and coffee for 5 years at least, and now I use it to sweeten frozen fruit for smoothies. Imagine a smoothie with 50 calories! Frozen fruit, water, and stevia.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber