User Reviews & Ratings - STEVIA

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of STEVIA.

«STEVIA Information

See products with STEVIA

8/1/2011 2:49:16 PM

Reviewer: Biochemist&Mom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I've been using stevia for a few years now. I enjoy it tremendously in many things, especially beverages. I do know of several people though who are allergic to it, which can happen with any product. I personally have never experienced any ill effects and I love all of the flavors available in the liquid stevia.

7/1/2011 9:15:40 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male (Consumer)

Comment:
The first time I used it, after about half an hour, my ears turned red and hot, and after about another hour I started wheezing and my throat felt like it was swollen. Didn't connect the two, and used it again the next day - same thing happened. I've never used it since. Beware!!!!

6/21/2011 9:44:31 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I was consuming about 4,000 mg of Stevia per day, (in green tea), and started having 100 - 150 incidents of heart palpitations per day. I visited a doctor, who captured the irregular heart beats on an EKG, and order me to wear a holter monitor for 2 days. This captured the irregular heart beats and even short events of Ventricular Tachychardia. I was sent to a heart specialist, under who's car ... Show Full Comment

6/20/2011 3:09:13 AM

Reviewer: Mooon, Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been using Stevia for years. Note: Truvia is not Stevia and it is not healthy. It's best to look for 100% organic stevia. It comes in powder or drops. Currently I use the trader joe's brand, it comes in a small bottle but is very potent. I never had any side effects from Stevia. It is proven to be alkalizing, although the dose is so low you still need to eat plenty of veggies t ... Show Full Comment

6/6/2011 10:30:28 AM

Reviewer: aimsterkatz8@sbcglobal.net, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been using Stevia for a year, mostly in my morning coffee. I do not enjoy the terrible aftertaste, but have gotten used to using it in my coffee instead of sugar. I am noticing and concerned about Stevia making my breath smell unusual - almost like paint. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this after effect also? I am concerned whether this is serious or not?

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber