User Reviews & Ratings - CARRAGEENAN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of CARRAGEENAN.

«CARRAGEENAN Information

See products with CARRAGEENAN

1-5 of 5
4/15/2014 12:15:53 PM

Reviewer: VS, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I quit eating meat back in January. To take care of the protein side of it, I started drinking Special K protein shakes and the store brand kind. About a month ago I realized my stomach was bloated and swollen all day, especially after I ate. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was causing it. Every time I drank the shakes, I would look at the ingredients and this one stood out. I never bo ... Show Full Comment

7/19/2012 1:56:41 PM

Comment:
Carrageen causes my large intestine to become extremely inflamed, which is very painful, with burning. The pain, inflammation, and burning only go away after I sleep, which is difficult while in such pain. I have to take narcotics, spread over many hours, since narcotics make me nauseated.

4/26/2012 4:56:56 PM

Reviewer: Cornucopia Institute, 25-34 Female (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
Research suggests that the food ingredient carrageenan contains degraded carrageenan, which negatively impacts gastrointestinal health and is recognized as a possible human carcinogen. Yet it is a common ingredient in foods, including organic foods. While it is unlikely that the government will take action to protect our health and remove carrageenan from conventional foods, we do have a chance ... Show Full Comment

2/24/2012 5:26:30 AM

Reviewer: jane, 19-24 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
This stuff is toxic. It is in most of your food medicine and toothpaste. It clogs up your intestines and causes malnutrition if you get enough. Read labels and see if it isn't in every ice cream in the grocery store. I developed an allergy to it from being constantly exposed.

4/28/2011 2:57:25 PM

Reviewer: GutPain, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I have irritable bowel syndrome, and while searching for a treatment, I found out that Carrageenan is used to INDUCE irritable bowel syndrome in lab rats. I wish I knew this 10 years ago, when I was drinking Ensure almost every day, to supplement my diet. Ensure contains Carrageenan. Why would you recommend something for IBS that actually CAUSES IBS?

1-5 of 5

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Couple in bed