User Reviews & Ratings - ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID.

«ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID Information

See products with ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID

9/3/2013 10:37:01 AM

Reviewer: cribby, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
Alpha Lipoic Acid does indeed help to lower my blood sugar and also to help prevent the mouth and tongue sores I was getting. I've been able to decrease my insulin use and can now eat spicy foods without causing severe mouth pain. I have used this off and on for several years, and if I stop for some reason, my sugars shoot up. After 18 years of being diabetic, I have no retinopathy, neuropa ... Show Full Comment

6/17/2013 12:59:12 PM

Reviewer: jadams1, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
At the 200 mg level it cause vomiting every time, usually within 15 minutes.

4/25/2013 8:49:31 AM

Reviewer: Johnny_Dee, Male (Consumer)

Comment:
Don't know how to measure the effect. How do you do this?

4/16/2013 9:07:56 PM

Reviewer: metaluna, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
My Dr. suggested I take 600 mg daily so I take one capsule before bed. After about 3 weeks, I woke up thinking more clearly instead of being in a "fog." Type 1 diabetic for 45 years - My foot neuropathy is very slight so I haven't noticed any change in circulation.

2/6/2013 1:04:55 PM

Reviewer: Healed1, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been using Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg once a day as part of a complete regimen including 3000-4000mg of Cinnamon 3 times a day, and Chromium once a day. My results have been good. I have been able to take myself off of insulin for the past 5 months functioning normally. I check my glucose 2-3 times a day and my range is from 75 to 150 on average. I have also restricted myself to a low carb ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber