User Reviews & Ratings - ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID.

«ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID Information

See products with ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID

9/10/2013 11:24:20 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
Increased my anxiety. Can deplete B vitamins especially thiamine. make sure to take thiamine supplement. caused me to gain weight

8/23/2013 12:48:34 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
After a severe head cold, my senses of smell and taste were lost. My doctor recommended this. She said it would take about 4 months for my senses to return and she was right. The first time I could smell food cooking and taste it was heavenly!

8/4/2013 8:03:41 PM

Reviewer: winner, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I have inherited lymphodema for which there is no cure. So I try many different things to both good & bad results. I am guessing that Alpha Lipoic acid affects skin as others have said they got hives or itching. In my case, I believe even 300mg was too much to begin with as I have a nasty skin reaction in already compromised sweat glands with plenty of redness, angry patches & itching. I n ... Show Full Comment

5/23/2013 9:31:48 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
Three years ago, I was diagnosed with CIDP and suffered moderate to severe nerve damage all over my body, but especially in my legs. Last fall, I found a doctor who prescribed Alpha Lipoic Acid in a 1200 mg/day dose, which is very high. Within a week of beginning ALA, I was experiencing fewer incidents of neuropathy and found that I could walk a greater distance without pain. (With CIDP, if you c ... Show Full Comment

2/23/2013 1:33:12 AM

Reviewer: Irish Eyes, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
My neurologist has me taking 1200mg per day - says it's the latest treatment to improve symptoms for Parkinson's Disease. Have not noticed any improvement. Hard to find 600mg caps, so end up taking 3@200mg 2x day. (Caps the size of horse pills!)

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber