Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - SAMe

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of SAMe.

«SAMe Information

1/29/2016 10:40:43 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking SAM-e while I was going through a surprise, shocking divorce that abruptly sent my system into menopause. My symptoms were serious situational depression (which was unmedicated because I knew it was situational, but I was at the point of feeling suicidal, so I needed something) as well as night sweats and hot flashes. Within 2 weeks, my depression became manageable and my night sw ... Show Full Comment

1/14/2016 8:26:21 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
Definitely worth giving sam-e a chance

12/22/2015 1:48:40 PM

Reviewer: Debbie, 55-64 on Treatment for 10 years or more (Consumer)

Comment:
I failed treatment with other antidepressants. A psychiatrist put me on this with amazing results. Have been on it for 10 years. No more anxiety which is what the depression caused me. I did not feel depressed only anxious and sam e took care of this. I only purchase sam-e from a company in California..HBC protocols. Other brands have not worked for me.

10/19/2015 4:18:01 PM

Comment:

Reason for taking: Depression
10/7/2015 4:46:37 PM

Reviewer: Chickie, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I started this about 18 months ago, and found it worked very well for treating my anxiety / depression which comes from clinically diagnosed PTSD. I found it worked so well, however if I forget to take it for a day I do notice the difference! As a side effect, it also helps with the arthritus from my accident. I stopped after a while and within a week felt fine not taking it. However following a ... Show Full Comment

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?