Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - SAMe

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of SAMe.

«SAMe Information

1/7/2015 11:52:08 AM

Reviewer: danielle was sad, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Horrible depression coming off meds and a breakup. I went full dose 1600 day 2 on. At day 5, I started smiling again. At 8 days, I am up and in a good mood. More calm at work. Better energy. I was beyond cynical for years about this stuff. Last ditch effort, I tried. Thank god.

1/5/2015 12:21:37 PM

Reviewer: 05samantha, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Helps with winter time blues however I experienced stomach pain.

12/5/2014 12:30:47 PM

Reviewer: Sweetannie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
Noticed an improvement after taking Sam E 400 mg for only a couple weeks and have now been taking daily for 660 days.....no more depression, It is a God send for me.....I had taken prozac for 10 years with no real improvement.....I can function normal again so to speak, smile naturally and I can bring myself back up and out of depression after a sad situation

12/4/2014 9:03:38 AM

Reviewer: Big bbg, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
Just took myself off Welbutrin for the second time. I have horrible anxiety and some depression. I wanted to go natural. I tried Sam-e the first time when I had severe postpartum anxiety. I felt the paranoia sinking in again, so I stopped the SAM e and opted for the Welbutrin again. Now, I am over the postpartum period, and felt okay enough to try Sam-e. I am on 400mg a day, and it has been awesom ... Show Full Comment

11/14/2014 7:50:57 PM

Reviewer: kxdx, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking sam-e because I got on birth control and my depression that I could normally deal with was out of control and you can't take antidepressants on birth control so I decided to try this because it wasn't supposed to interact with birth control. I've been taking it for about two months now and I've never felt this good in my whole life and I've never been able to t ... Show Full Comment

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?