User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

9/18/2014 11:02:13 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been taking 5-HTP for over 6 months now to help me cope with depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I take a break from it for a few days to a week every month and am finding I need it less now than when I first started using it, even when life is giving me lemons. It doesn't get rid of my stress but certainly does help me cope better when I take it. No side effects. Very happy with the ... Show Full Comment

9/8/2014 10:36:26 PM

Reviewer: suz219, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
On paper, this looks to be the perfect supplement for me, but soon after I took it, I felt extremely nauseous. It was so bad, I almost went home from work. It made me feel more anxious.

8/27/2014 9:20:25 AM

Reviewer: dar, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:

Reason for taking: Anxiety
8/20/2014 8:26:38 PM

Reviewer: Cait, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I began taking this to ease anxiety, I was grinding my teeth during sleep. About an hour after I took this I experienced blurred vision, numbness, dizziness, ear pain, and had a horrible headache. I have taken 5htp in the past and didn't experience side effects this severe. I did some research and found many people had experience similar side effects. Just a heads up.

8/1/2014 12:40:37 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
The first time I tried 5htp I took it just prior to bed and kept waking up with nightmares. Now I take an extended release 200mg with my breakfast in the morning and I haven't had any nightmares doing it that way instead of just prior to bed. I was taking a combo of Gaba and Valerian Root for anxiety, but taking both of these multiple times a day was a pain. So far it appears that tak ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber