User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

8/27/2014 9:20:25 AM

Reviewer: dar, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:

Reason for taking: Anxiety
8/20/2014 8:26:38 PM

Reviewer: Cait, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I began taking this to ease anxiety, I was grinding my teeth during sleep. About an hour after I took this I experienced blurred vision, numbness, dizziness, ear pain, and had a horrible headache. I have taken 5htp in the past and didn't experience side effects this severe. I did some research and found many people had experience similar side effects. Just a heads up.

8/1/2014 12:40:37 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
The first time I tried 5htp I took it just prior to bed and kept waking up with nightmares. Now I take an extended release 200mg with my breakfast in the morning and I haven't had any nightmares doing it that way instead of just prior to bed. I was taking a combo of Gaba and Valerian Root for anxiety, but taking both of these multiple times a day was a pain. So far it appears that tak ... Show Full Comment

7/22/2014 10:18:04 PM

Reviewer: arlys, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
This is the ONLY product that has worked for me. Any risk is worth it.

5/22/2014 11:59:23 PM

Reviewer: Chris, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
My mom recommended these suppliments years ago. I would take one before bedtime and would fall right to sleep. I could then wake up before my alarm clock feeling very well rested. I really like it on nights I get less than 5 hours of sleep. I also like the calm relaxed feeling I get when it kicks in. I can feel truly relaxed. I don't think it does anything for my weight. I don't feel any ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber