User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

10/3/2014 1:03:24 AM

Reviewer: shesaid, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
This product worked for me in the beginning, and helped with anxiety. Lately though it has caused ear ringing, vomiting, and dizziness as well as feeling out of it.

9/18/2014 11:02:13 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been taking 5-HTP for over 6 months now to help me cope with depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I take a break from it for a few days to a week every month and am finding I need it less now than when I first started using it, even when life is giving me lemons. It doesn't get rid of my stress but certainly does help me cope better when I take it. No side effects. Very happy with the ... Show Full Comment

9/8/2014 10:36:26 PM

Reviewer: suz219, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
On paper, this looks to be the perfect supplement for me, but soon after I took it, I felt extremely nauseous. It was so bad, I almost went home from work. It made me feel more anxious.

8/27/2014 9:20:25 AM

Reviewer: dar, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:

Reason for taking: Anxiety
5/4/2014 1:51:49 AM

Reviewer: tummy trouble , 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I have used this for two months now. But started to have a lot of trouble with digestion. After reading this I am stopping use for a few months to see what happens. i also seem to be putting on weight for no reason. It did help me sleep and I took it just before bed. But I'm not willing to risk other problems for a good night sleep.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber