User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

4/10/2014 9:34:52 AM

Reviewer: shane, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
The change in my depression symptom were literally within a day. It's now been two weeks and I'm wondering what life would of been like with HTp5 sooner. There is a slight side affect with slight heartburn so I'm lowering the dosage in half to test.

4/1/2014 8:28:10 PM

Reviewer: georginapeaches, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking 100 mg of 5-HTP the last weeks of taking Fluoxetine (generic for Prozac) and did not experience any negative side effects. I have continued taking 100-mg of HTP for two months (at bedtime) and have had no recurrence of depression symptoms. I have had more experiences of feeling more positive feelings, as well as fewer sexual side effects than I have experienced on various SSRIs.

3/24/2014 1:50:51 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I've been using 5-HTP for 5 years now. Some brands work with me and some I haven't digested and have seen the pills whole in he washroom. Was prescribed Effexor when I fell into a state of depression after losing 3 close friends within a few months. Effexor made me more depressed and numb. Knowing this was not me I went to my doctor and he increased my dose! I couldn't cry but also fou ... Show Full Comment

3/21/2014 4:06:12 PM

Reviewer: calmer, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
I noticed that when I took 2 doses of the Natrol 200mg time release per day, I ended up having abdominal pains and burning the next morning. I have gone off of it completely for a few days, but am going to start back with just one 200 mg per day and see what happens.

3/19/2014 5:56:51 PM

Reviewer: dan, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking 5-htp 100mg time release tablets twice a day, once in morning and another at night, about a month ago. I have stopped taking it because of the side-effects. Sleeplessness, vivid-scary dreams, uncontrollable underarm sweating (I rarely sweated until I took this). Personally, I think it made me feel a little more anxious and it didn't help. Started meditating as an alternative a ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Couple in bed