User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

2/15/2015 3:08:20 PM

Reviewer: Ashjeff, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I am searching for help. This was recommended to me and was just curious if anyone has had any success with it!

2/13/2015 9:16:07 AM

Reviewer: Maggie from Virginia, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
I've taken both benzos and SSRI's/SNRI's for panic disorder off and on during stressful times for years. Just recently, I weaned myself off of Pristiq 50 mg because of the usual side effects (fatigue/feeling like a zombie/apathy) after taking it for 3 years. Of course, within 8 weeks, the panic attacks resurfaced. After researching natural methods and reading reviews, I tried the 5 ... Show Full Comment

2/4/2015 11:27:52 PM

Reviewer: Happy Life, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I feel great. Very happy and in control of my life. I have been taking Natrol 200 mg time released before bed. Also, I take magnesium glycinate and sleepy time tea with a teaspoon of honey. I believe in the natural approach to solving problems. I have been taking 5 HTP for five months, I am able to solve problems and concentrate better on my job.

2/4/2015 2:26:09 PM

Reviewer: knowitall, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been taking 100 mg of 5HTP for a few years for anxiety/depression. My adult son takes it for anxiety as well. It takes away negative thinking and gives a positive outlook & clear thinking. I don't buy my vitamins at Walmart or Walgreens...you have to use good quality, no fillers. Companies like Natures Way, NOW, Country Life are the best ones. If someone had a negative review, I be ... Show Full Comment

1/16/2015 9:37:54 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
Started taking 5htp for anxiety, natrol extended and felt it worked very well, and easy to take, but after a year had bad liver count. Dr. Had me go off of it for three months and retest,..liver was better, then test again after about a year, and back to normal, so if you take it be sure to get liver tests, it must affect some people in a negative way. I do not take it now.

St Johns wart