User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

7/11/2011 12:57:23 AM

Reviewer: latinsnake24, 19-24 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
weird dreams and always tired,but OCD is dying down a bit (pure-o obsessive compulsive disorder) only been taking it a couple weeks,but seems to be helping

7/9/2011 10:02:36 PM

Reviewer: Karin, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I take it for anxiety and migraines and it is being very helpful for both reasons. It is very effective and does not come with all the side effects of a prescription anti-anxiety medicine. However, my doctor said it would also help with weight loss and I don't feel any change on my appetite. I stick with eating well and exercising.

3/12/2011 10:31:50 PM

Reviewer: Randy 1980, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I bought 5htp after reading that it takes the edge off anxiety. I can't tell any difference after taking the bottle of thirty in about two weeks. I had no side effects from this. I bought a bottle of thirty for about ten dollars. It's like I took a bottle of sugar pills.

12/6/2010 8:15:15 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
This is the best supplement I have taken ever! Look, I've suffered from insomnia, depression, chronic insomnia, and panic disorder. And if I'm telling you this works, than believe me go try it. I have been on so many medications that I had terrible side effects and decided I needed a change. And boy I'm glad I did the alternative route. When you take 5 HTP, just make sure you take it w ... Show Full Comment

8/18/2010 12:20:42 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
Gave me more anxiety

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber