Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

7/17/2013 9:08:02 AM

Reviewer: milin421, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I don't normally write reviews but this changed my life. Recently we were without health insurance and being about out of my Zoloft, I found 5 htp, 200 mg time release on amazon. I take one in the morning and I feel great all day! No anger, which is important in me being able to take care of my three little boys all day, everyday.

7/9/2013 9:14:34 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking 5 HTP by Solgar because I was experiencing very intense PMS that started to last longer than it should and I was super sleepy and tired all the time, didn't want to leave my house. With 2 capsules per day I am now feeling much better, the PMS symptoms are back to normal and reducing more and more, I no longer have cravings or want to kill everyone that disagrees with me. I am ... Show Full Comment

7/8/2013 9:02:32 PM

Reviewer: ron, 65-74 Male (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
better sleep, normal mood

7/1/2013 11:40:10 PM

Reviewer: rhondo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I have lost 10lbs. Since starting this treatment two weeks ago. My depression seems considerably better.Slleep not much improved.

6/28/2013 12:10:34 PM

Reviewer: Dorthy putman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I have stopped Paxil because of unhealthy side effects and started. 5-http helped me get off of it and is working great now as my sole antidepressant.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?