User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

3/22/2013 11:33:34 AM

Reviewer: Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
For those who when first taking it get sleepy, this worked for me. The first time I took it I started with 50 mg at night and sleep for 9 hrs. Haven't sleep like that since I was a teenager. I keep taking 50mg at night but had a hard time getting up and getting going in the morning. I backed up the dosage time from the evening to the afternoon and still felt tired. I started braking open a cap ... Show Full Comment

2/25/2013 8:03:52 PM

Reviewer: jil, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Unfortunately, I only came to this site to see if my all over muscle pain could have come from 5-HTP. Apparently it did. I DO feel calm and emotionally balanced, BUT I am in pain from my neck to my feet. I feel like I've run a marathon, moved a fridge and spent 3 days gardening on my knees. I'm now going to make a Drs. Appt immediatly and cease taking this product.

2/13/2013 2:55:23 PM

Reviewer: cfrisbee, 55-64 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I have taken 5-HP for lack of sleep due to anxiety. It worked the first day. I slept very well and did not feel druged in the morning like a prescrition can leave you. It came recommended by my sister who swears by it. I think it is one of the most benificial supplements I have taken along with fragrances to sleep like Sound Sleep Spray.

2/12/2013 7:11:06 PM

Reviewer: Chris, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I'm on 200mg at night for sleep, as my poor sleep is due to anxiety, with a cup of grape juice. I sleep better than I've ever slept, dreams are vivid & I wake up feeling fantastic. Oversleeping is not an option I felt so good I wanted to run a marathon & didn't need an alarm, my body knew best!

2/6/2013 11:06:38 AM

Reviewer: sooz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
have tried zoloft (with horrible results), lexapo and several others. this is the only thing that worked. had no problems. it improved my sleep and my mood.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber