User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

9/10/2013 5:14:22 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
    I started taking 200mg 5-HTP spread over two doses each day, not for "depression" as such but for low mood. It's an important distinction as I can't make a recommendation for its effectiveness for severe depression. However, for my mood, I was amazed! It really works! I am noticeably brighter, less negative, more motivated, able to move about quicker and exercise, and my over ... Show Full Comment

9/3/2013 4:07:38 PM

Reviewer: Cassee, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
    I have tried Zoloft while severely depressed and hated it. I tried 5-HTP and went from being severely depressed to manageable in a matter of a couple weeks. Within a month I was mentally healthy. I went years without suffering from depression including post pardom. I now use it when I occasionally have episodes of being "down" I love that you don't have to take it ALL the time, I lov ... Show Full Comment

8/24/2013 10:34:26 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:

Reason for taking: Depression
    8/14/2013 2:38:34 PM

Reviewer: sage Mark, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
    Seems to help w/weight, i slept better & waz more active during the day

7/30/2013 9:56:36 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
    I went to the doctor for depression and anxiety. She prescribed Prozac for me but instead my mum got me 5-HTP. For the first two weeks I was definitely happier, then after that I was worse than ever so I stopped taking it. I increase my dosage but it made no difference so I gradually took myself off it again.

vitamin rich groceries
    Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
    St Johns wart
    Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?