User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

6/28/2013 12:10:34 PM

Reviewer: Dorthy putman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I have stopped Paxil because of unhealthy side effects and started. 5-http helped me get off of it and is working great now as my sole antidepressant.

6/14/2013 3:08:33 PM

Reviewer: txmissy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I love this pill because it works within a couple of hours. Within hours, I feel better. My teen son is horribly moody. He's almost impossible to be around sometimes. I have him take this pill and within two hours, he is pleasant and happy again. This pill is a miracle! Years ago I took prescription anti-depressants. I could tell that I really needed them again. A friend told me about this pil ... Show Full Comment

6/11/2013 12:17:32 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years

Comment:

Reason for taking: Depression
5/25/2013 7:24:29 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female

Comment:
Using 200mg tablets by Sundown I am writing this to help inform other women that 5-HTP supplements can seriously interfere with your hormonal balance and disrupt your natural cycle. In a period of one month where I took 200mg for 5 days, then 200mg every other day for 3 days, then every 3 days for another week my normal menstrual cycle (rigidly predictable) was delayed for over a week (even tho ... Show Full Comment

5/24/2013 2:53:19 PM

Reviewer: sumsub, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Have been depressed last two years or so. Started taking 100mg and felt a little better, but when I went to 200 mg it was a HUGE difference. Haven't felt this good in a long time. Only thing is I have been having trouble sleeping on it - I am also taking GABA. I will deal with the sleeping thing somehow - just feels amazing to feel good again!

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber