User Reviews & Ratings - 5HTP (5-HTP)

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5HTP (5-HTP).

«5HTP (5-HTP) Information

See products with 5HTP (5-HTP)

8/24/2013 10:34:26 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:

Reason for taking: Depression
8/14/2013 2:38:34 PM

Reviewer: sage Mark, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
Seems to help w/weight, i slept better & waz more active during the day

7/30/2013 9:56:36 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I went to the doctor for depression and anxiety. She prescribed Prozac for me but instead my mum got me 5-HTP. For the first two weeks I was definitely happier, then after that I was worse than ever so I stopped taking it. I increase my dosage but it made no difference so I gradually took myself off it again.

7/17/2013 9:08:02 AM

Reviewer: milin421, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I don't normally write reviews but this changed my life. Recently we were without health insurance and being about out of my Zoloft, I found 5 htp, 200 mg time release on amazon. I take one in the morning and I feel great all day! No anger, which is important in me being able to take care of my three little boys all day, everyday.

7/9/2013 9:14:34 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking 5 HTP by Solgar because I was experiencing very intense PMS that started to last longer than it should and I was super sleepy and tired all the time, didn't want to leave my house. With 2 capsules per day I am now feeling much better, the PMS symptoms are back to normal and reducing more and more, I no longer have cravings or want to kill everyone that disagrees with me. I am ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber