User Reviews & Ratings - BLACK COHOSH

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of BLACK COHOSH.

«BLACK COHOSH Information

See products with BLACK COHOSH

6/5/2011 7:51:06 PM

Reviewer: sophie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I have given up taking this supplement. While I found no benefit from taking it, I did experience headaches.

5/23/2011 2:41:04 AM

Reviewer: Too Hot 2 Handle, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I started using bc because of sweating and it really helped to stop the sweating. The drawback is that my breast swell, were sore and tender and I developed large cysts in them. I had to stop taking it; now what do I do for the sweating?

5/10/2011 1:59:30 PM

Reviewer: Stella, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
Have been taking black cohosh for a few months now for hot flashes. Works wonders for flashes and night sweats. Down side is I've gained weight now due to increased appetite and am experiencing headaches and some mild nauseau. Also having light headedness and dizziness. Not sure if it's worth side affects.

5/8/2011 1:20:31 PM

Reviewer: PJ, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
after just 3 doses of this, my thinking deteriorated--I had thoughts of stabbing myself in the gut, killing our pets. I have never had thoughts like that before nor since and believe the bc was responsible. It lasted about 2 1/2 hours. I sat in a dark room until it passed. The scariest part, to me, is that there is no place to report an adverse reaction like this!

4/4/2011 8:00:57 AM

Reviewer: Teresa, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
I take the black cohosh root extract 135 mg and 40 mg. capsul. I started with 2 but have been taking 1 at night for "sweats". 1 works well. I'm on my second menopause. I took estrogen for a decade and went off of it 6 months ago. This one capsule works well for me.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber