Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - BLACK COHOSH

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of BLACK COHOSH.

«BLACK COHOSH Information

See products with BLACK COHOSH

1/2/2012 12:38:27 PM

Reviewer: Sunnygal, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I like that my hot flashes/night sweats have gone away. But it seems every time I take it I get a Major headache. Almost as bad as a Migraine. Anyone else have this side effect?

10/25/2011 8:58:14 PM

Reviewer: Happy Wife, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
After refusing HRT, I decided to try black cohosh to reduce hot flashes (having one every hour). Within two days, the flashes just stopped along with the night sweats. I began to sleep through the night again. Vaginal dryness issues completely resolved. I took one pill in the a.m. and one in the p.m. although the directions said to take up to three pills daily. I cut back to one pill daily and sti ... Show Full Comment

10/23/2011 8:43:34 PM

Reviewer: wash, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
if I 4get to take a tab..a few days later the flashes and mood swings start back it has really helped me I have cancer and the Dr.s the gyn oncologist didn't want me to use estrogen in a large amt ...this has helped me keep some of my sanity...as evening of primrose helped me through premenstruation. I use Natures Bounty 540mg from schnucks.

10/23/2011 11:17:49 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I found myself unable to sleep due to anxiety. During the day I also experienced the same anxiety. I did not relate these feelings to the black cohash until about a week went by. I stopped taking it and the feelings went away.

10/18/2011 11:48:55 AM

Reviewer: ixb2un, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I started taking black cohosh for hot flashes. Yes, it started working for me. After 7 days I broke out in hives around my waist, my hands started itching and swelling. I went to the hospital (it was late at night). The doctor said that I was having a allergeic reaction to something. He gave me a steioid shot, and a RX. for hydroxyzine for itching. Not knowing the next day, I continued taking blac ... Show Full Comment

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?