User Reviews & Ratings - black cohosh

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of black cohosh.

«black cohosh Information

See products with black cohosh

5/10/2015 7:06:46 PM

Reviewer: sandy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
Nothing has eliminated my hot flashes but Black Cohosh has at least lessened the amount and intensity of them. I have been taking it - one tablet- at night for over 5 years and until I read some things online today, never knew that they recommend taking only for one year. I plan to begin weaning myself off of them, but when I've tried before the hot flashes came back with a vengeance.

5/6/2015 11:47:16 AM

Reviewer: Black Cohosh WatkinsHealth Foods, NYC., 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I am just trying to find a Natural way to get through these hot flashes ...

4/11/2015 10:59:33 AM

Reviewer: KatheeLynne, Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I cannot stop using this or I get hot flashes. When I use both morning and night I have very few hot flashes. If I ever stop using this it takes a long time to bring up it's effectiveness. I experimented, gradually, with the dose. I found for me that I have to take 6 times as much as is recommended. I have had no ill effects from doing so.

4/6/2015 10:57:43 AM

Reviewer: Mazzy1012, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
It definitely works for hot flashes. I was having anywhere from 10-20 hot flashes a day. They were debilitating, my glasses fogged up, sweat was pouring down in-between my bra, the crooks of my arm were sweating. Just an FYI, it did not work right away, it took 2-3 weeks to build up in my system to be effective. There are days that I have no hot flashes at all. It takes about 1-2 weeks to leave m ... Show Full Comment

2/20/2015 8:32:03 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
i have night sweats very bad , i wake up 2 or 3 times a night.seems like taking black cohosh has helped.but need to know can i double up take 2 instead of 1.

St Johns wart