User Reviews & Ratings - BLACK COHOSH

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of BLACK COHOSH.

«BLACK COHOSH Information

See products with BLACK COHOSH

8/27/2012 9:20:59 AM

Reviewer: Trin421, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
    I have been taking a CVS brand of estroven for the last 5 days. I can't say I have seen any improvement yet......but thank God mine are not severe. However, on the second day I noticed that I had this funny taste and feeling in my mouth. It was as if I had put sometime of chemical in my mouth. I haven't discountiued yet. The funny taste is gone, but now I have a funny tingling feeling ... Show Full Comment

8/25/2012 1:58:22 PM

Reviewer: jean, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
    I bought my supplement from Melaleuca...it also contains Don Quoi and soy extract. I tried this method since my mother had breast cancer after hormone therapy. But now that I've read some of the risks w/cohosh, I'm not as secure with my decision. It did work w/in 2 1/2 weeks. No more night sweats and the hot flashes are minimal and reduced in intensity.

8/25/2012 8:06:40 AM

Reviewer: Daizi, Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
    My hot flashes are SEVERE, approx. every 30 minutes and very bad. I took Remifemin (black cohosh) for two weeks and my hot flashes stopped. It promised 70% reduction so I was ecstatic when they disappeared. But 4 weeks later they suddenly came back and won't go away. I increased my dose twice with no results. I am miserable and so disappointed.

8/19/2012 12:36:39 PM

Reviewer: robinrobinson4, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
    When I learned of black cohosh extract I immediately went to the store and got a bottle. (Wal-Mart $3.50 for 100 capsules) I had recently been to my family practice nurse and she suggested hormone replacement or the pill. I REALLY didn't want to do either of those but was having several hot flashes everyday. I am pre-menopausal, so that means for me that I have a period or two then go two ... Show Full Comment

8/12/2012 10:40:51 PM

Reviewer: MOUTHY, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
    BEEN TAKING 40MG/DAILY. NO CHANGE IN HOT FLASHES YET. I HAVE NOTICED MY GUMS(MOUTH)ARE RAW AND SENSITIVE. ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS. UNSURE IF I SHOULD CONTINUE.

vitamin rich groceries
    Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
    St Johns wart
    Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?