User Reviews & Ratings - Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3))

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3)).

«Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3)) Information

See products with Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3))

10/20/2009 12:19:52 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I took just one night and the side effects frightened me. I woke up and felt like I was sleeping on a bed of hot coals. My face was swollen and I had red circles under my eyes. I looked like I had on a fright mask. I had a hard time functioning at work the next day. I can't take the statins because I get really bad leg aches. Trying to lower my cholesterol by diet.

10/11/2009 11:45:43 PM

Reviewer: Laura, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Since starting this drug a little over 3 months ago I have experienced major problems with falling asleep. Even taking the naicin in the morning has not helped. I have to take something every evening to fall asleep and even then it takes me more than an hour. This is new for me. I haven't had problems with flushing and only take 500 mg daily.

9/20/2009 8:48:42 PM

Reviewer: JJ, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been taking 2000 mg of Niacin for 8 months. My Triglycerides have gone down 149 points.(That's almost unreal) My HDL has gone up 15 points.(Now it's above normal) But my LDL has gone up 40 points.(I guess I can't change my genetics). My doctor recommended increasing to 3000 mg of Niacin for 3 months before she puts me on a low does medication to bring my LDL down. It did take m ... Show Full Comment

9/20/2009 8:25:46 PM

Comment:
The burning sensation was very severe, with aspirin not helping at all. It caused extreme pain keeping me from sleeping. The drug stayed in my system through the next day.

9/11/2009 6:18:49 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Since I have started using this med. I've had itching all over my legs. I have tried anti-itch meds. but they seem to have no effect

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Couple in bed