User Reviews & Ratings - Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3))

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3)).

«Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3)) Information

See products with Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3))

9/8/2011 10:25:03 AM

Reviewer: pianoma, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
I have been taking Niaspan,500mg/day,before bedtime 2 years now with success in lowering my LDL and increasing HDL. I am sure though, that the increase in exercise has likely increased my HDL. My triglycerides have never been a problem and seemed unaffected by Niaspan. I only seem to experience flushing and itching when I get off the schedule of 24 hours between dosing or when I take the pill with ... Show Full Comment

8/25/2011 4:57:34 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I had very high cholesterol worked my way up to 2000 mg per day and got my cholesterol down to 119. I highly recommend it. The flushing eases as you go. I take mine at bedtime with an asprin then you can sleep through any flushing. I buy the 500 mg Vitacost.com brand, pharmacutical grade, NSI.

6/8/2011 12:47:40 PM

Reviewer: Mimi, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I tried taking 500mg of Niaspan for my cholesterol per doctor's recommendation. I took it for about a month and had 4 episodes of burning up, not just flushing as the pharmacist said might happen. The pharmacist recommended taking 81mg of low dose aspirin about 20 to 30 min. before I took Niaspan which I did. I also had a snack as I had read in other reviews saying it helped. None of these thi ... Show Full Comment

5/23/2011 1:33:33 PM

Reviewer: Jay, 55-64 on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:

Reason for taking: Cholesterol
5/5/2011 3:14:14 PM

Reviewer: marla, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
took niacin otc and every time i took it i ezperienced my ears burning felt like they was on fire not sure what to do

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Couple in bed