User Reviews & Ratings - RED YEAST

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of RED YEAST.

«RED YEAST Information

See products with RED YEAST

10/31/2015 8:33:05 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
    I started taking red yeast rice caps six weeks ago at 2 x 600mg a day but got bad pains in legs and wrist just like statins, I manage to take 600mg every other day with coQ10 which helps the pains a bit & helps lower my blood pressure. My doc did cholestrol blood test and said it had returned to normal 3.8. RYR seems to work although it cost a fair amount money.

10/25/2015 4:18:51 PM

Reviewer: donnamarie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
    I was put on red yeast rice for my cholesterol, it raised my triclycerides extremely high......then I went to Niaspan er with red yeast rice, the numbers went higher.....can't take the red yeast rice, tried twice, it doesn't work for me. I won't give it a 3 rd try

10/24/2015 3:34:58 PM

Reviewer: Tony, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years

Comment:
    Works Too many side effects for me. RYR taken to lower my cholesterol -it worked dropped from 250 to 158 but the muscle pain in the legs and shoulders and tingling in my hands and feet is not a good trade. I also experienced some dizzy spells and vision issues, but the worse effect is lack of energy and ambition. I took 600MG once a day for over 2 years before I figured out the side effect link t ... Show Full Comment

10/2/2015 5:16:29 PM

Reviewer: drugfree, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
    For all that are waiting for the pain to go away and worried it wont I can say that it did for me. I only took it for a few days and I got the thigh pains. It was obvious it was from them and I didn't even know pains could happen from it or statins. (This was quite a long time ago). It took a week and it left and no I wont take that crap.

8/19/2015 3:01:59 PM

Reviewer: Hope, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
    Brought my Cholesterol down to 209 from 265

vitamin rich groceries
    Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
    St Johns wart
    Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?