User Reviews & Ratings - RED YEAST

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of RED YEAST.

«RED YEAST Information

See products with RED YEAST

5/6/2011 9:51:11 AM

Reviewer: John, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
It brought my cholesterol down from 214 to 162. It brought my LDL down from 138 to 91. My only complaint is that my doctor did not tell me that it is the same as any other Satin drug and that I need liver tests and etc. I get it from COSTCO, Weider brand.

3/8/2011 8:44:58 AM

Reviewer: deborahj, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
Started red yeast rice in Dec. Have lowered my chol. level by 30 points. Also doing modified Atkins diet!

2/23/2011 3:44:07 PM

Reviewer: ISATA, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I PURCHASED SOLARAY 600 MGX2 FOUR WEEKS AGO. IN THE PAST WEEK I HAVE HAD SHARP PAINS IN MY LOWER LEFT SIDE(KIDNEY AREA). I HAVE STOPPED TAKING AND WILL CONSULT MY DOCTOR.

2/9/2011 12:18:30 PM

Reviewer: dlc3, 55-64 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been taking Red Yeast Rice since Oct. 2009, (600mg x 2/day) within 6 months my cholesterol went from 267 to 241. My doc was pleased. The next 6 months it only dropped another 4 pts. But, I'm still taking it. I have developed IBS, but I'm not sure the RYR was the contributor to that.

1/27/2011 12:11:11 AM

Reviewer: Deffy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
Do NOT take Red Yeast Rice. I cannot believe it is on the shelves!? Adverse reaction within 4 hours.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber