User Reviews & Ratings - RED YEAST

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of RED YEAST.

«RED YEAST Information

See products with RED YEAST

2/9/2011 12:18:30 PM

Reviewer: dlc3, 55-64 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
    I have been taking Red Yeast Rice since Oct. 2009, (600mg x 2/day) within 6 months my cholesterol went from 267 to 241. My doc was pleased. The next 6 months it only dropped another 4 pts. But, I'm still taking it. I have developed IBS, but I'm not sure the RYR was the contributor to that.

1/27/2011 12:11:11 AM

Reviewer: Deffy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
    Do NOT take Red Yeast Rice. I cannot believe it is on the shelves!? Adverse reaction within 4 hours.

1/21/2011 4:56:22 PM

Reviewer: irish, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
    I took this for about 5 weeks, after certain "statin" drugs (at particular doses) gave me horrible side effects, and I told my doctor that I did not want to take statin drugs anymore. I thought the Red Yeast Rice pills would be great, as they are an "over-the-counter" supplement. I bought "Nature's Bounty" brand, 600mg. per pill. I took 2 pills/day. After the ... Show Full Comment

1/11/2011 6:03:49 PM

Reviewer: Me, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
    Lowered My overall cholesterol over 70 points in just 12 weeks! I never believed in natural stuff because it is not "Proven" But due to the fact that ALL the cholesterol lowering drugs on the market cause me serious side effects I tried it. I am so glad I did! I am now exploring my other options in the natural world!

1/2/2011 9:59:22 PM

Reviewer: sleeper, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
    lowered ldl 20% in 6 weeks

vitamin rich groceries
    Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
    St Johns wart
    Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?