User Reviews & Ratings - RED YEAST

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of RED YEAST.

«RED YEAST Information

See products with RED YEAST

9/16/2014 3:12:16 PM

Reviewer: granny, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
When I was unable to tolerate stating drugs my doctor recommended red yeast rice. After taking it a for over two months I am experiencing the same side effects as statin drugs! Legs ache so bad it hurts to walk. Arms and neck pain as bad. I will stop taking today and take my chances with high cholesterol which I have had all my life and I am a retired senior.

9/7/2014 6:06:40 PM

Reviewer: I am Miserable Now!!, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
Took 23 caps ea. of SpringValley RYR & CoQ10 & now have a horrible scalding rash in groin, under breasts. Dermatolgist has taken biopsy and smear. Tried Atorvastatin but got headaches, body pain. I do not recommend ANYONE trying this, you don't want to go thru what I have. Imagine someone burning off your skin, that's how it feels, it's horrible! Waiting for results and prayi ... Show Full Comment

8/15/2014 9:37:43 PM

Reviewer: MsJulie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking RYR as recommended by my doctor when I told her I did not want to take Lipitor as I heard that causes diabetes. I took 1200 mg per day and in 6 months dropped my from 216 to 182. I then decided to only take 600 mg and my cholesterol went back up! Therefore, I'm now back to taking 1200 mg. Dosage matters!

8/11/2014 2:33:41 PM

Reviewer: MerryMari, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
This helps lower my cholesterol. It's important to buy Citrinin-free red yeast rice to protect kidneys. Solaray is the only brand I know that is Citrinin-free. It's available with our without COQ10.

7/6/2014 8:34:06 PM

Reviewer: Vicki S, 45-54 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I took 1200 mg RYR at bedtime for one month. During this time I developed severe leg cramps. I also had stomach cramps and I developed a rash on my face. Fatigue followed. I stopped taking it and all symptoms went away. I did not know about the possible side effects until just prior to discontinuing the supplement. I was attributing the problems to my diet and exercise regimen. It turned out to b ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber